Ph: 0407 627 852
www.herveybaysportfishing.com.au
www.facebook.com/herveybayflyandsportfishing
Brad
Reporter

Report Tues 5th Sept 06

Post by Brad » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:44 pm

5/9/06
Chris is going on holidays!! So unfortunately the fishing report will be on hiatus for a couple of weeks. Mad Dog, as computer literate as he is, put his hand up to send it out in my absence, but I politely declined telling him I would actually be back before he finishes the first week’s edition.

GREAT SANDY MARINE PARK
As many of you concerned fisherfolk may be aware the new zoning laws are now in place in the Great Sandy Straits area. Maps of these areas are available although they are riddled with mistakes. We have already run out here at the shop and have rung EPA (number given below) and have been told we will not receive any more maps until the mistakes are fixed! If you are concerned about areas you wish to fish or you need clarification on anything regarding the new zones please ring the Marine Parks number below OR The Local Member for Hervey Bay, Andrew McNamara (Tel:(07) 4124 1386 Fax:(07) 4124 1443).

The Great Sandy Marine Park extends from Baffle Creek in the north to Double Island Point in the south. It includes Hervey Bay, Great Sandy Strait, Tin Can Bay Inlet and the waters off the east coast of Fraser Island, seaward to three nautical miles.

QPWS MARYBOROUGH - MARINE PARKS
Cnr Alice and Lennox Sts, Maryborough
PO Box 101, Maryborough QLD 4650
ph (07) 4121 1921
fax (07) 4121 1650

Chris Jabs

Tackle World Hervey Bay - Ph 07 41281022
fishco@bigpond.net.au