Ph: 0407 627 852
www.herveybaysportfishing.com.au
www.facebook.com/herveybayflyandsportfishing
Brad
Reporter

Report 27th Nov 05

Post by Brad » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:13 pm

27/11/05
I've just got back from fishing the Hervey Bay Boat Club Game Fishing Classic (tag and release only tournament) that was held 18-20 November 2005 out at the eastern tip of Fraser Island in Queensland. We ended up taking out Champion Team 7.5m and over, and tied for Overall Champion (although there was no separate category or trophy for the Overall Champion section).

I fished with my mate Peter Stevens from Sportfish 1770 onboard his boat 'Wetspot', together with Craig Moorhead. The weather was good for the three days of the competition so we went out over the spit and fished Sandy Cape Shoal and found good numbers of fish in 100 - 120 feet. This area is absolutely pristine and widely regarded as offering some of the best light and heavy tackle fishing in Australia.

The fishing was incredible! All fish were taken on Tropic Angler pushers, with the 'Peanut' in Black/Orange taking seven of our eight billfish bites (the other was on an 'Almond' Secret Weapon - Mary). Heaps of wahoo, dolphin and yellowfin were also tagged and released.

Stephen Cheng
Tropic Angler lures
stephen.cheng@excite.com
Attachments
Troipc Anglers do the job.jpg
Winners are grinners
Dolpinfish taken on a Tropic Angler.jpg
Tropic Anglers win the comp.