Hervey Bay Fly and Sportfishing
Ph: 0407 627 852
www.herveybaysportfishing.com.au
www.facebook.com/herveybayflyandsportfishing
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 28 Jun 12

Post by Brad » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:28 pm

The great weather finally changed on Saturday morning and has been windy and rainy ever since. I don’t even see anybody on the Urangan Pier anymore during this type of weather. I was lucky enough to get out on Friday night chasing summer whiting in the western creeks of Fraser Island. Between us we caught 40 quality fish. I have not been able to get out since as there has been a gale warning in place all this week so this report will be short and sweet. With all this non activity the reports are few and far between. If we can get a break, the fishing should be good once we can get a line into the water. There is the possibility of better weather conditions for the weekend and anybody that can reach any of the reef systems should continue to enjoy the usual catches of snapper, cod and sweetlip.

The winter whiting were in good number before the blow so should be even better now and hungry as well. You will just have to find them by drifting the usual spots until a school is found; then anchoring and waiting for the other boats to gather around!! Bream should also be on the chew at this time of year. I have to go south for the next few days so will catch up next week.
Good luck to all
Until next week
John
Attachments
SDC10879.JPG