Hervey Bay Fly and Sportfishing
Ph: 0407 627 852
www.herveybaysportfishing.com.au
www.facebook.com/herveybayflyandsportfishing
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 4/9/15

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:35 am

With winter now over we can look forward to some warmer pelagic action as the flyfishing and pelagic fishing season begins. August for us was a fantastic month; the guests enjoyed some great fishing and myself and my wife Jess even managed a few weeks off as we set off on our annual Holiday. This year we fly fished the amazing atoll of Christmas Island targeting bonefish with the guides from The Villages.

The fishing in Hervey Bay the past month has generally been good, the weather has allowed us to travel to the grounds necessary to find good fish this year and my guests have been rewarded with some great fish and plenty of new personal best’s for them. The snapper continued to put on a good show but lost condition toward the end of the month which indicates they have done their spawning and will begin to spread out and head for the offshore waters. Big goldens have been another highlight along with the usual suspects like brassy trevally, mac tuna and longtail tunas. The most productive methods out on the bay have been micro jigging with 40g and 60g jigs along with working soft plastics.Flathead were also a favourite with guests as we hit the straits looking for shelter on the windier days.

As we forward to September and spring we will see an increase in our summer species and surface action will be on the cards from about mid September. Mac tuna schools should move in around then with longtails not far behind along with spotted mackerel.

Bookings are very busy for the remainder of the year if you're looking at securing your spot for summer 2016 get in touch with me ASAP to make sure you don’t miss out on your desired dates. Please contact me via email for dates: fishing@herveybaysportfishing.com.au.

Andrew Chorley
Hervey Bay Fly and Sportfishing
Ph 0407 627 852
www.herveybaysportfishing.com.au
HervNikkiSnap.jpg
Nikki with her PB snapper.
HervNickTuna.jpg
Nick getting into it with his first ever longtail tuna.
HervMollySnap.jpg
Molly was stoked to get this great snapper.
HervAleGold.jpg
Ale from NZ with a slab of a golden trevally.