Ph: 0407 627 852
www.herveybaysportfishing.com.au
www.facebook.com/herveybayflyandsportfishing
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 18/11/15

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:53 am

Things Heat up in October
October saw some great conditions with not too many blows from the North West which made things very pleasant for our guests. Small Black Marlin were the main drawcard but the warm currents were a little late which saw numbers in October less than previous years. The past few weeks has seen an increase in numbers of Black Marlin and they should stick around for a while yet.

Longtails, mac tuna various mackerel species the old faithful golden trevally and more made up most of our captures along with a few estuary species. Guiding international and Australian guests this time of year is always exciting as anything can happen as we see the warm currents push in. We are looking forward to a big few months ahead as we get into our summer season with bait ball action just around the corner there is some great times ahead for lure and fly anglers.

If you are interested in any dates for the 2016 please be in touch with me ASAP to secure your dates. Please contact me via email fishing@herveybaysportfishing.com.au

History Making Big Eye Landed In Hervey Bay Waters
Young flyfishing filmmaker Jonathan Jones from Sydney and his mates captured this amazing big eye tuna on the flats of Hervey Bay, estimated at 60-80 kg . No one I know can recall ever seeing a big eye caught in Hervey Bay waters so for this beast to be running the beach is truly a once in a lifetime event. Jono was fishing with his mates Alex, Keith and Brett when they saw this big keg running down the beach. Jono made the cast and the rest is history. They certainly have now made their mark in Hervey Bay's amazing flats history.

Tight Lines
Andrew Chorley
Hervey Bay Fly and Sportfishing
fishing@herveybaysportfishing.com.au
HerveyBigEyeWeb.jpg
Jonathan Jones with his big eye tuna. [Photo courtesy of Brett Pheeney.]
HervMacksWeb.jpg
A few spotted mackerel destined for the plate.
HervMarlinWeb.jpg
A healthy little juvenile marlin.