22 Quay St. Bundaberg, Q 4670
Ph: 07 4153 4747
accounts@tackleworldbundy.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Report Tues 11th Apr 06

Post by Brad » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:06 am

11/4/06
Last weekend saw some good weather and quite a few anglers headed offshore again to make the most of it while it lasted. The fishing was great. The offshore grounds produced some top quality sweetlip, parrot, cod, trout, reds and some good red jew. There has also been some big cobia and Spanish mackerel.

Even the inshore reefs produced well with some good squire, stripeys, small red jew and the odd parrot. There were also some good school mackerel and tuna about. Casting metal slugs into the feeding schools and ripping them back in as fast as you can will result in some hook-ups. My father and I managed some nice tuna by fly-fishing, as well as a few on conventional tackle, and I can tell you it's great fun.

In the rivers there have been some excellent whiting around the sand bars, with a few flathead mixed in with them. There's also been heaps of big bream about the rock walls, as well as the odd jack and fingermark. Some of the fingermark have been up to 60cm long and have been taken on live baits. Also a few tailor have made their presence felt in the rivers. Trolling small chrome diving lures has been a favoured method.

Gary Leather and John Hutton spent a few days over at Boondooma Dam and got stuck into some excellent bass and yellowbelly on Spinnerbaits, Jackalls and Bass Vipers. Some of our local dams have also produced some good bass on spinnerbaits and Jackalls.

Some good barra have come out of Monduran, with some reports of a number of 80cm models and plenty of 75cm ones. Most of them have been caught in the shallows on shallow divers. We'll see a lot more barra come out of the shallows now as water temperatures start to cool down.

The team at Salty's would like to wish everyone a safe Easter and good fishing.

Best breezes,
Tim Mulhall

Salty’s Fishing Team
Salty’s – Ph 07 41534747, e-mail info@saltys.net