Tackle World Bundaberg
22 Quay St. Bundaberg, Q 4670
Ph: 07 4153 4747
accounts@tackleworldbundy.com.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 31/07/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:35 am

During the past week, the weather around the Bundaberg region has been fantastic. Unfortunately though, for this coming weekend it looks like the south-easterlies are expected to blow up a bit.

All of the local rivers are still fishing extremely well. The Burnett River is producing some exceptional bream and grunter at the moment. Grunter between 50cm and 70cm have been smashing both soft plastics and vibes worked close to the bottom, with peak bite times being around the slack water tide changes and the first half hour of the run-in. A few local lads have had some top sessions in the Burnett in the past few days. Good quality bream, flathead and blue salmon have also been a welcome by-catch whilst targeting the grunter.

The Kolan River has been another awesome hot spot. All species like flathead, bream, whiting and tailor and well as a few mangrove jack and the odd barra are still hitting lures and well-presented baits. Unfortunately there has been a few reports of barra that have died up in the freshwater parts of the Kolan due to the cold snap and frosty mornings we experienced recently. Hopefully only a small percentage of barra did not make it and the days start warming up so we can then start targeting this magnificent sport fish.

Lake Gregory has been very popular as well, with most anglers managing to catch a few nice bass in this magic little dam. Using soft plastics on a 3/8 jighead for the deeper schooled fish, and a 1/6 weight jighead for fishing around the edges can be very effective.

I’m planning a trip to Lake Monduran on Friday. This week the maximum temperatures have been in the mid 20’s with light northerly winds, so hopefully this should activate a few barra into striking our lures. In my next report, I’ll let you know how we go.

Fish with confidence,

Dale Smith

Tackle World Bundaberg
22 Quay Street
BUNDABERG QLD 4670
Ph: 07 41534747
accounts@tackleworldbundy.com.au
bundy.jpg
Beau Britton with a 73cm grunter he caught on a Gulp 6” Jerkshad.