Report 13 Jul 07

Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Report 13 Jul 07

Post by Brad » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:50 pm

Still pretty quiet on the fish front around CQ.
A few good snapper have come to light in Keppel Bay, but they are typically hard to locate. But with the low water temperature, they might hang around a bit longer this winter, so don't give up yet. Flathead are also very slow for some reason. This time of year they are usually leaping out of the water to take a bait.. Coorooman Creek seems to be about the most reliable flathead haunt right now.

I heard a report of Doggies in close in the last couple of days, but the majority are undersized, so maybe leave them alone for a while? I haven't been able to find the big bream yet, but they have to be around somewhere, especially now the Fitzroy has a fresh coming down. Maybe we should be trying around Port Alma and Curtis Island? Seems logical.

There have been a few just legal Spanish macks out around the most eastern islands of the Keppel Group. Given there isn't too much else on the chew around the inner islands at the moment, you might have to give them a try. I haven't got too much other news or suggestions, so just get out there and experiment.