Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 16 Jan 08

Post by Brad » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:40 pm

I've done few short reports over the years, but this one will be right up
there with the shortest. There is almost nothing to report of a positive nature on the fishing scene. You don't need me to tell you what the weather has been like lately. But it does feel like the wet seasons I can remember as a kid - fingers crossed.

The only bright spot is the good old Causeway Lake. The run-throughs are producing a few decent fish, but unfortunately for some, many have been barra. There are still a couple of weeks before the season opens, so you'll just have to keep taking photos and putting them back. There are jacks and trevally mixed up with them though, so there is hope of getting something to take home. I guess the manic crabbers are still out there flogging themselves for a feed of crustaceans - good on you.

Lastly, for CQ locals, Capricorn Sunfish has called a meeting of recreational anglers on Monday 4 February to go over the recently released RIS for our inshore fishery. It is not good news for us recreational anglers and it's time we all said enough is enough. The meeting is at the Rockhampton Leagues Club from 7pm. Not getting involved in this campaign would be a very unhelpful decision. See you there.