Weekly Report 27 Apr 08

Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 27 Apr 08

Post by Brad » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:43 pm

I'm still finishing off my Easter Vitamin CH fix, are you? Now I need to get back on the wagon and lose the kilo I put on. There wasn't too much offshore joy over the break, but at least the winds weren't gale force for a change. The estuaries were very popular of course. I haunted one of my favourite spots and managed a decent feed of pan-sized grunter and a few other odds and sods. A lot of folks were trying the beaches, but apart from a few whiting on Kinka Beach, the dirty water was a deterent to fish it seemed.

At the time of writing, the wind is dropping off nicely and it looks like a half reasonable weekend ahead. If it is, there will be standing room only at the boat ramps for sure. The tides are very small, but that shouldn't worry the offshore bottom bashers. I'd expect good catches of reds out wide and enough trout and smaller reefies around the Keppel's to keep most people happy. I doubt there will be too many mackerel in close, as the water is still very turbid and brackish on the surface, but if you're prepared to travel some miles, the macks should be out past the dirty water line. Other than that. you could try the Port Alma area for grunter and threadfin.
Good therapy anyway, so go give it a go.