Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 9 Sep 08

Post by Brad » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:48 am

Howdy to all from Stanage Bay and Surrounding Islands
I would like to start with a small tribute to a mate who loved and lived for fishing in the waters around Stanage Bay and our many islands surrounding us. John Perrins, alias Dollars, Skip and Popeye fished our waters for over twenty years. He was one of the most passionate, insatiable, tenacious and talented fisherman I have ever met. His permanent crew, "Eric and Greg", called him the silky terrier, he always sniffed out fish, especially when the chips were down. As Eric put it, he had this freakishness that could always put them onto fish, he was always determined not to fail and put his crew and mates first. Dollars died very unexpectedly of a heart problem, which could have been fixed had anyone have known prior to that sad night here at StangeBay, where he took his last breath and had his last fish. May he rest in peace. John Granville Perrins 09/09/1947 -- 14/08/2008. Many heartfelt wishes from all here at Stanage and I am sure Brisbane also, (where Dollars resided and worked), to his wife Gaynor and son Brock. May Dollars be sniffing out the fish in heaven.

The road has just been graded and is in good condition, so come on fellas bring up those big boats and lets get fishing. Tony and I got out fishing for a couple of days on the reef. The results - lots of fish on the sounder, but man, very hard going on the esky. I think I only caught about nine nice ones - a mixed bag, the brag fish for me was a 9.5kg red jew. Tony and his dad struggled also, just for a change normally they are the kings of the sea. Tony bagged the biggest for fathers day (on our boat anyway) with a 10.2kg red emperor - just when i think i have creamed him he hits me for another six (so to say). oh well i will just have to keep going fishing with him, wont I. Enjoy the few pics of the week, til next time, ( it will be awhile as "We're on the road again" til mid Nov )
keep the rods wet n bent
cheers von
Attachments
Dollar's & a mate.jpg
Dollar's july 08 028.jpg
In memory of John Perrins alias Dollar's.jpg