318 Shakespeare Street
Mackay, QLD
Ph: (07) 4957 2145
www.tackleworldmackay.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 3 Oct 08

Post by Brad » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Another pretty unfriendly week has passed from a wind perspective. There was a small window two decent days (last Sunday and Monday) when quite a few fishers ventured out. Reports of good fishing have been scarce though. The inshore waters didn't clear up enough, so no mackerel fishing has been possible. There were still a few Blue threadfin around the place, but the warm weather lately willl probably see the end of them. But the good side of the warm weather is the benefit for the barra fishers. No big numbers of barra have been caught, but odd decent fish are showing up.

The prognostic weather chart suggests another small window of reasonable weather ahead early in the week. The tides will be neap though, so tidal movement will be minimal. That won't help mackerel fishers out wider, but deeper water bottom bouncing should produce a feed of reefies. The estuaries could produce a few grunter in the deeper holes after dark. The odd good quality whiting are in Waterpark Creek, but not in any numbers. I haven't heard any reports of mud crabs yet, apart from the odd floater.
NRL final and Phillip Island GP bikes could be the go.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:39 pm

hay, im heading back up to yeppoon next monday 13th , i hope the spanish are heading in close, anyword what the weather will like by then, hoping john mcdougle can tell me when i get there :)
herd no reef fish, ill be camping at humpy for a few days
any help would be good
cheers josh