Weekly Report 20 Jun 09

Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 20 Jun 09

Post by Brad » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:48 pm

Bit of a SE wind pattern for a few days by the look of it and a forecast for showers right through the week, so not ideal fishing weather. Last weekend was reasonable and a lot of boats hit the water. A feed of small reefies for some from the nearer islands and the usual decent hauls of lippers and reds from out wide. Still only patchy Doggie action in the bay.

There were a few Blue salmon in the harbour as I predicted, but beware, they (whoever "they" are) are trying to stop people from fishing in the basin opposite the end of the marina. They are telling you it is a fish santuary apparently. Well rest assured folks, it isn't a fish santuary and I can't see how they can stop anyone from fishing from a boat in that part of the harbour. Also after all these years, the loading pontoon adjacent to the "new" boat ramp in the harbour is finished. As the main proponent of this feature, I am celebrating its completion I can tell you. I hear it's already being well used by boaties and comments are all positive. The upgraded Coorooman Creek ramp is due for completion in the near future too. So at least we are seeing something coming back to us for all our hard earned boat rego fees.

The Fitzroy River is clearing by the day and I expect to hear about a few bream moving right upstream to the city reach any time now. Lets hope after the predicted showers, we revert back to a winter pattern so we can go chase some macks and snapper.