Weekly Report 3 Aug 09

Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 3 Aug 09

Post by Brad » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:09 am

The weather this last week (apart from Monday) hasn't been overly favourable, although a few punched it out. Those who went wide and north early in the week were rewarded with some top quality Large Mouths. I also heard there were big packs of juvenlie spanos up north - that can't be a bad thing for the future. The Fitzroy River continues to keep many anglers interested. As I suggested, bream numbers are picking up, especially towards the mouth, but will move up after this next full moon I reckon. It still isn't clear enough to find Doggies inshore, but the long term map suggests we might get some decent weather mid week.

Good luck to all who enter the Tight Lines Fishing comp and I hope you catch a fish or two. Water temps around the Keppels have finally dropped below 20 degrees, so unfortunately for the competitors intending to fish around the closer islands, that won't make it easy for you. Little joy along the beaches at present either. Decent dart have been conspicuous by their absence and what's a whiting? If you're patient and have top quality bait, you might fluke a Blue Slamon somehwere along the many kilometers of Farnborough Beach on the making tides around dark.