Weekly Report 17 Apr 10

Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 17 Apr 10

Post by Brad » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:09 pm

What a weekend we had just gone. Amazingly good weather for this time of year. I think every frustrated boatie in Central Queensland was on the water. I was flat out finding a car park before daylight at Rosslyn Bay last Saturday. There would have been well in excess of 300 trailers scattered around Rosslyn Bay for sure. Same deal on the Sunday. Reports were pretty mixed as you'd expect, but some good catches were made. Naturally out wide and up north proved most fruitful, but the Keppel Islands produced enough pan-sized reefies to keep me more than happy. Spanish macks were also on the hunt around the place. I didn't see a single Doggie around the Keppels, but I'm told good schools were found out wide.

Some decent barra and king were taken from Coorooman Creek and there are good schools of XOS steelback around already. Word is that the barra are moving back upstream in the Fitzroy, so a well presented livie in the city reach could produce the goods. The water right on the coast is still pretty discoloured, but I suggest there should be the odd whiting nosing around. The forward weather forecast isn't great, with the seasonal south-easterlies setting in for a period. But most people went out last weekend, so have probably quelled the urge for a few weeks at least. It normally blows hard most of April, so don't be too disappointed if that happens. Hang out for May when we can expect some nice pre-winter weather and bait schools moving inshore. There are still a few crabs around and prawns if you hunt about.