Weekly Report 21 Nov 10

Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301

Weekly Report 21 Nov 10

Post by Brad » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:33 am

The broken record continues. It's bucketing down rain as I write this week's report and the forecast is for 25-30 knot south-easterlies yet again. I was talking to an old mate this week who said he remembers the year 1960 when we last had a Spring like this. So there you go. There was a very small window of opportunity last week when those who don't have a regular day job managed to venture offshore. Out wide the usual deep water reefies obliged, while around the Keppels a few decent little Coral trout were boated. There were even a few school spanos around as a bonus.

The Fitzroy River has finally settled down and most of the barrage gates are now closed. Reports of some small scout mud crabs heading upstream are coming in. But if it keeps raining in the catchment, that will be very shortlived. The estuaries are giving up the odd keeper. Coorooman Creek has a few grunter and the odd fingermark, while Corio Bay is carrying some whiting here and there and one or two homer flathead. Otherwise it is understandably slow. Best option this week looks like watching the first Ashes test - I'll be there hoping the Aussie can turn their ordinary form around.