Weekly Report 15 Mar 11

Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 15 Mar 11

Post by Brad » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:34 am

Back to wind and rain again unfortunately. There's very little to report from last week due to the constant wind, and the 4 day chart doesn't indicate any change ahead. Add to that very large tides from Thursday through to next Monday and things aren't looking too bright. Barra continue to show up in the Fitzroy River, although the large tides won't help on that front either. The Causeway run-throughs will be popular early in the week, but after Thursday, there will be way too much water rushing in to confidently chase a barra. Maybe the protected ends of the beaches could be worth a try for a whiting around the top of the tide? If you're a V8 fan, the Adelaide race will be on the box over the weekend and the footy season is up and running, so watching sport might be the best option sadly.

mel01

Re: Weekly Report 15 Mar 11

Post by mel01 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:44 am

Kim,with the increased population of crocs at corio bay it astonundes me to the stupidity of some. very often i find bait and frames thrown on ramp at top landing. mostly undersize barra frames. there is a large dark coloured croc that now calls home between ramp and little gutter beside cockle bed at kellys landing. i feel it is only a matter of time before someone is taken while cast netting or getting pots back. no point in telling nat parks as wont take action till this happens.stay safe.