318 Shakespeare Street
Mackay, QLD
Ph: (07) 4957 2145
www.tackleworldmackay.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 5 Jun 11

Post by Brad » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:21 pm

No one can complain about the recent weather, but many of us are complaining about the lack of fish. A mate and I fished as hard as we could for 7 hours around the Keppels for 4 keepers only. We tried everything, but it was as quiet as I've ever seen it. Similar reports are coming in from others I've spoken to. I'm putting it down to the arrival of winter and the fairly sudden water temperature drop. Maybe the blokes who went out wide into the deep water have done better, just that I haven't talked to any of them yet.

The tides drop right off during this coming week as the quarter moon approaches. That will see the water clear up and hopefully the bait move inshore. The chart is prediciting a big high pressure system building in the bight all week, so if they are right, by next weekend we'll be subjected to very strong onshore winds again. So better make the most of it during the week if you can, Try the estuaries for flathead and whiting and keep an eye out for small schools of Blue salmon hunting the gutters.