Mackay, QLD
Ph: (07) 4957 2145
www.tackleworldmackay.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 27 Jan 12

Post by Brad » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Howdy all from Stanage Bay and Shoalwater bay & The Swains Reef

We have had some heavy rain here on the peninsula this morning however the road into Stanage is still dry, so i have been told. The tides have dropped off for all day fishing at the islands and on the reef. The weather has also dropped out to perfection...most local fishers have hit the water in their big boats, lucky buggers. The Crabs are still potting, just remember if you come up to crab, tie those floats n ropes to the trees and move your pots daily. Throw out your old bait and replace it daily with fresh estuary fish backbones, mullet or roo. Countdown is now on for Barra season, lets hope the freshwater creeks start flowing to the saltwater to let last years Barra out and the Salties up to give us more stock for the future. Try to remember to email me your pics if you dont have your fish weighed in here at Stanage Bay Marine & Accommodation and your pic with your fish taken here.

There have been once again a few cancellations in both the Oasis and Villa accommodation for 2012, in which i just had one from tomorrow 28th Jan to 9th Feb 2012, so if you have a group who whats to discover and experience our pristine waterways give me a call 07 49373145. The Villa crew who were from Lismore that just left, had a ball, Mark and Luke were full of smiles when they left for home this morning, see ya next time fellas and your wives n kids, good luck. Col and his crew had a nice two days up and there is no doubt they will be back again, dont leave it so long next time Col and thanks to the girls for leaving the villa so clean and tidy and Col and the boys dumping the rubbish.

Alf, Bill and Barry from the Thirsty Sound Coastguard have been kept busy having towed in two big boats over the last month..and the season hasnt even started yet. Many thanks to Jan for manning the oastguard radio while Alf and Bill were away. Donations and members are always appreciated to keep our flotilla going up here, they all do a brilliant job and have saved many boats and lives in the past 18 years. Vhf radios in qld not 27 meg too fellas from NSW..We are on channel 81 along with Thirsty Sound Coastguard.

Until next time be happy and keep those rods bent n wet
cheers Von Ireland...Stanage Bay Marine & Accommodation