Weekly Report 3 Feb 12

Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 3 Feb 12

Post by Brad » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:01 pm

Howdy all from Stanage Bay, Shoalwater Bay and The Surrounding Islands, Wow what a week! Barra Season is finally open, finally I get to go fishing. Yesterday Tony and I took the day off and put the rods, lures n esky in the 5m tinny and hit the creeks on long. We trolled and we both caught our dinner / tea and breaky and a total half day of no business or stress. ok, we didnt weigh our fish nor take the camera, sorry. I bragged and Tony was amazed at how i caught a grunter on my richo lure (timber lure) then a cod, my bragging finished when Tony got a barra ( throwback) and nice fingermark. It was an awesome day. The monster muddies are still potting and hopefully will continue until July. The weather has been good really early then blows out to 20 + south easter but lunch and storm clouds threatening...thats all they seem to do here at Thirsty Sound ( our estuary ) The road is open and very passable, slow down drive to conditions, enjoy the scenery and never complain...be happy and enjoy the adventure of it all, oneday it may be gone.
Til next time, keep on fishing n crabbing,