Weekly Report 4 Mar 14

Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 4 Mar 14

Post by Brad » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:00 pm

BlankMorning all fishers from Stanage, The Percy Isles and Shoalwater - AS WE SPEAK 1.19PM 4TH MARCH 2014

The Road: As we speak the road is fine with care being needed at Block Creek slow n stop prior to the concrete causway. Banksia Property hill has corrugation. Torilla South Boundary grid has pot holes along with the next 5 km. Loose Gravel is quite dangerous on most parts of the road so take it easy. Yes the road is open.
The Weather: Keep a good eye on B.O.M. - Seabreeze and Willys, so far it is Windy gusting to upwards of 20 knots with showers here at Plumtree, Stanage. The Estuary: Once again the Thirsty Sound has been kind in giving up some nice barra, fingermark, cod, grunter, mangrove jack and salmon. For some reason everyone seems to dismiss Stanage as no go at certain times a year, January, February, March, Oct, Nov, Dec....for what reason I have no idea. The estuary fishes all year round, and yes its hard, but no harder than other areas...they all take time to learn, the more you visit n fish n crab the more you learn - this place is not easy nor quick unless you spend the time on the water.

The Reef n Islands: For the few boats who have gone outside for a fish they did well at the bottom of the tide and just at the top of the tide until the run set in...we
had huge tides again, so the fishing time was short. I have no pics but a couple of the fellas did promise to email pics to me...as per usual they seemed to have
forgotten. Accommodation: I have had a series of cancellations throughout 2014, so if you couldnt get any accommodation, try ringing me again 49373145 or shoot me an email. Dont forget Stanage Bay Marine & Accommodation has loads of fresh frozen bait - from the mud to the sand- sand to the reef - I sell bait and tackle that produces - its up to you. Keep the small business here to help you and buy from us....eftpos available....budget prices for quality gear...give us a go...dont stow.
Quality Crab Pots 5 for $200

Cheers with Muddies n beer
Von Ireland
http://www.stanagebaymarine.com ; stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com
ph 49373145
Attachments
february 21 & 22 - stanage 2014 010.jpg
february 21 & 22 - stanage 2014 003.jpg
february 21 & 22 - stanage 2014 004.jpg
february 21 & 22 - stanage 2014 002.jpg
Ethan, his dad Steve and their mate Chris at thirsty sound fishing.jpg
february 21 & 22 - stanage 2014 011.jpg