Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Nicole Penfold

Report 22/9/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:59 pm

Central Queensland Fishing Report.
Written by Jessica Manns
Coucom’s Crabpots and Fishing Gear
Central Queensland this week the weather seems very up and down, their will be a couple of windows which will allow you to get out to those closer reefs such as Liza Jane, man and wife, Finlays, and around the close islands.

Offshore: :Lately reports have been coming in that they are getting some good spanish from the finlays and the pinnicals. Some nice reef fish and the odd spanish have been found at Liza Jane and the smaller school and grey mackeral around hummocky. The bigger reds, nannygai and sweet lip are still holding out a bit wider if you have the chance to get out their.

Please remember!
• 28 October 2016 to 1 November 2016
• 26 November 2016 to 30 November 2016

Are the Fin fish Closures: Fin fish include....Cods and groupers, Coral trout, Emperors, Fusiliers, Parrot fishes, Surgeonfishes, Sweetlips, Tropical snappers, sea perches and Wrasses.

Creeks/Estuaries: Reports are coming in all over the place about the creek fishing lately I had the chance to get up coorooman last weekend and I got myself a few good grunter up the back around the rock areas. Grunter salmon and the mudcrabs are out and about in the coorooman creek around the rock areas and the deep holes on the full tides. Some nice whiting are being caught on farnborough beach, Sandy Point and cooee bay beach. The fitzroy river and port alma have been producing huge grunter and salmon and also the odd good barra.

Also coming up soon is the Barramundi closure:
• Throughout the Queensland east coast, a closed season applies to barramundi from midday 1 November to midday 1 February.
This weekend coming is the WTF Women that fish barra classic!
23rd – 24th September – open to ladies 18 years and over.
Catch and release competition.
I will be going in this competition so I will give you the results in our next report.

Crabbing: The crabs are starting to show around the place with a few good bucks being caught in Coorooman Creek, Corio Bay. They are still a bit quiet so you need to work hard to find them.. I found they were more up the small creeks not in the main channels so if you are planning on trying to catch yourself a feed stay away from channel dropping your pots and head up the small creeks that branch off the main channels.

Jessica Manns & Alan 'Crusty the Crabber' Coucom
Coucom’s Crabpots and Fishing Gear
Phone: 07 49302301
A nice haul of fish a few of the local boys got last weekend.
Coucoms.png (129.88 KiB) Viewed 389 times