Von Ann Ireland
Ph: 07 4937 3145
stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com
http://www.stanagebay.com
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 10 Mar 08

Post by Brad » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:07 pm

Howdy to all from Stanage Bay, Shoalwater Bay, The Duke Islands & the Percy Isles. Well we all wanted it, the rain that is and that's exactly what we got. In all up here we gratefully received aprox 25 inches. The water up the sound was like tea. The Crabs are hit and miss - I think they are trying to miss the fresh. It may be hurting now, but believe me, all should be humming in the future. The Road: well I have been getting mixed reports. Two fellas just came over it towing a 6 mtr boat ( a nice one too), and said they thought it was pretty good. Everyone is different and has different opinions of the road. I honestly think it would be a challenge to those not used to unsealed roads, especially after good rain. We are hoping the council will run a grader over it before Easter - who knows now with the amalgamation of councils (more buck passing)

The Stanage Bay Annual Fishing Competition: We had our Fishing Comp meeting yesterday and all went well. We worked on $20,000 (aprox) of pledged donations for our prizes which will be attached to this report. ( the ones pledged to me, that is.) Stanage Bay Fishing Competition 2008: Register / Enter - Friday 21st March 6am to 6pm at Endeavour Park, Plumtree. and Saturday 22nd March 6am to 5pm at Endevour Park, Plumtree. Entry fees $40 Adults and Children $15. The Adults go in automatically for the Major Prize. A 5h.p. Honda Outboard Motor, Donated by Honda Marine and Kepple Bay Marine with a Quintrex 340 traveller cartopper boat, purchased at cost, from Kepple Bay Marine - THANKYOU to cash donations from:

VISUAL GRAPHICS - MARBLE ISLAND - OUTBACK CAMPERS - DAVE ZAMIT BOBCAT - DES DAVIES ENGINEERS - COAST TO COAST CONCRETING - SHORTYS SHED - MIFSUD FISHING COMPANY - BOBBY DUNN HOOK IN - ECKERBUILT - B& L BOASE - DAVID HABERMAN & CO ACCOUNTANTS - JAROD GILCHRIST - ERIC BTC SLACKS CREEK - JON MACGILLIURAY - PUDS SEAFOODS - ORCA MARINE - PJP GUNTHORPE - KAWANA PANEL N PAINT.
The Donations from these generous people allowed us to purchase the boat, digital epirb, anchor & rope, to go with the safety gear in the boat - THANKYOU! Thankyou to Rian at BELCO CUSTOM TRAILERS for the donation of a trailer to go with the boat and motor. Without all you guys this FIRST MAJOR PRIZE for our fishing comp would not have been possible. Also thanks to:

OWENS REWIND ; CAPRICORN COAST RETRAVISION ; MARINE WAREHOUSE; SOLAS PROPS ; BOAT BOOKS; YAMAHA; L.WILSON & CO; RICHO LURES; HARVEY NORMAN; SAM ALLAN WHOLESALE; IAN WEIGH TOYOTA; ALVEY ; SUNPROTECTION AUSTRALIA; TOPEND IMPORTS; TACSPO ; BLA ; TWEED BAIT ; BREMER BAIT ; UNICOM; MOORE MARINE ; EVAKOOL ICE BOXES ; TROPICAL ICE BOXES; ELLIOTT RIVER ENGINEERING ; J & G PERRINS - ICY COOLA - DPI - STANAGE BAY MARINE & ACCOMMODATION - PACIFIC VILLA - PACIFIC OASIS.

THANKYOU EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR YOUR DONATIONS TO MAKE OUR FISHING COMPETITION A HUGE SUCCESS. MONEY RAISED WILL GO TO : THE FLYING DOCTORS ; CAPRICORN RESCUE HELICOPTOR ; COASTGUARD; RURAL FIREBRIGADE; FISH STOCKING; STANAGE BAY FIRST AID HUT ; AMONGST OTHER NOTIABLE CHARITIES.
KEEP POSTED FOR UP DATES ON STANAGE BAY FISHING COMPETITION.

YOURS IN FISHIN AND CRABBING
VON IRELAND