Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Report 8th Dec 05

Post by Brad » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:55 am

8/12/05
Howdy and Xmas cheers from Von and Tony at Stanage Bay Marine & Accommodation. Serving Stanage Bay, Shoalwater Bay, The Duke and Percy Isles and fifty six other islands

Now it’s been a while since talking to you all so forgive me if I miss out on your name and reported catches.

Where does a charter fishing boat owner/operator go for his break away - Stanage Bay? Incredible Fishing Charters skipper and owner Keith and his lovely lady Di, finally came and visited our little piece of paradise. Tony showed Keith how we locals catch our monster mud crabs. I think Keith was impressed - smiles and more smiles came forth, and I happened to notice he posted a page or two of his trip up on his web site - 17 photos for proof too. Thanks Keith and Di.

Now we've had some mighty catches of jew in the local jew hole, but sadly none were weighed in. I caught a shark and a cod and Tony’s dad caught a couple of cod, but we missed the jew.

Our trip outside was very fruitful, near Mumford Island and Ten Pin Rock. Tony caught the usual sweetlip and trout, his dad Neil caught sweeties, trout, red jew and cod, plus and I caught a prize winning parrot, some cod and sharks.

Well done to Croc who weighed in some nice trout and mackerel. Little Flynn had the privilege of having his photo taken with Garry’s fish - another nice trout. They had plenty of others but they were camera shy.

Ray, from Sam Allen wholesale, visited and had his pic taken with a couple of nice muddies, and was seen leaving the bay with some nice full winger crabs and some beaut reef fillets. Thanks for visiting Ray. You are always welcome mate.

The road report:
Tony and I came over the road last night, in his ute, towing a trailer and three ton of roo tails (yep that’s what I said - now we have four ton of roo waiting to catch our mighty monster muddies). Anyway, there are a few pot holes and a couple of dips at the grids and start of bitumen. Just be careful and there won’t be a problem. We made it into and out of town (Rockhampton) within the two hour mark, if that’s anything to go by. (174km)

Von's health:
I've reached the halfway mark with my chemotherapy. I've had three treatments and there’s three to go. I'm very positive and most of the time I still have plenty of energy, except for the first couple of days after having chemo. I'm bald as a badger and don’t have to worry about the Brazilian either. Thanks for your well wishes everyone - keep them coming.

We have just had a big cancellation for the Pacific Villa 21 - 30th December 2005, so if you haven’t organised your Xmas, give us a call on 07 49373145. The crabs are on, and if the weather is with us, so too will be the fish.

Until next time,
Keep reel'n 'em in. Keep your lines wet while having your Xmas and New Year cheer

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year

Yours in fishing and crabbing

Von-ann Ireland

E-mail: stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com
Web Site: www.stanagebay.com
Fax/phone – 07 49 373 145
Attachments
Keith Hall with some great Stanage Bay muddies.jpg
Keith is all smiles.
Mackerel and trout for tea.jpg
Mixed bag.jpg
nannygai.jpg