Weekly Report 11 Jun 09

Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 11 Jun 09

Post by Brad » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:08 pm

Howdy everyone from Stanage Bay and Surrounding Islands Well what a week up here. Fantastic weather, and Fantastic fishing for most. Unfortunately not many weigh ins or pics taken. The Locals will not Weigh in any fish or crabs and that means no pics either. The Calliope Fishing Club visited our area again and stayed at the Oasis - their was not one complaint from them only music and laughter coming forth, do thank you and well done to that family orientated fishing club. There is a lot of Salmon getting around west of long island and jewfish up the sound ( our estuary ) The outside fishing has been challenging - we went out and caught nice sized grassy sweet lip, red emperor, spangled red throat and large and small mouth nannagai (red jew). There have been nice catches of mackerel - spannos and schoolies. Thank you Chris for weighing in and using your camera to take the pic or your well caught cobia. For those who are curious, I am doing my best at getting back to my old self. yes it is hard and slow, like one step forward and six steps back. Stress and tiredness being my worst enemy. Unfortunately my wonderful sister lost her battle with lung cancer 1 june 09 (last week), its very sad. Anyway until next time I will try to keep smiling and fishing.
Cheers from
Von Ireland
Attachments
Locked on!.JPG
Locked on to a monster.
Chris with a 26kg cobia.JPG
The end result a 26kg cobia for Chris.