Von Ann Ireland
Ph: 07 4937 3145
stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com
http://www.stanagebay.com
Brad
Reporter

Message from Von Ireland

Post by Brad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:44 am

All communication is now open up here now. the road is open, the phones have returned, faxes, internet, welll everything is on the go, so has the weather turned it on nicely. the barra, salmon, king, grunter or hitting the bait fish up the estuary (thirsty sound) whilst, the crabs are making there way from the open salt water up the creeks again and in their holes in the mangroves. On the reef, the first islands (dukes) there are a swag of red emperor, parrot, sweetlip, and coral trout being caught - that means most of the islands (66 in total) should be fishing well after a huge rest. some come on fellas the rentals are all empty and waiting. remember we are still the last fishing frontier and only an hour off the highway.
Cheers Von

takrat

Re: Message from Von Ireland

Post by takrat » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:07 pm

G'Day Von,
How's thae road into Stanage? I've been told that it was pretty rough and you could expect boat and trailer damage, it this true or another furphy?
Thanks,
John

Mark7792

Re: Message from Von Ireland

Post by Mark7792 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:12 pm

G'day Von,
Im heading up to stanage around may sometime this year. Ive never been there before and am wondering what the place is like fishing wise. Ive heard allot of good things on the fishing there but have not really seen any techniques or general info on how it should be fished. Im a relatively successful lure fisherman and have allot of success on soft plastics.I will be bringing 2 boats 1 is a 13 foot shallow sided tinny, the other a 5.2 metre alllycraft centre console. Any help you could offer would be very much appreciated. Also i read an earlier post about stopping off on the way in and chasing barra? Its worth a try if you believe it holds fish there.
Thankyou very much,
Mark