Weekly Report 24 Dec 10

Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 24 Dec 10

Post by Brad » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:11 am

Was great to spend time with you on our recent trip and can't think of a better place on earth with great people to be stuck for a few days. The villa was fantastic and plans are already under way for a big group of us to come next year. So sure to be in touch then! Our fishing report: Trip started with plenty of Barra on the way in.The flooded creeks provided the ultimate oppotunity to get amongst the big salties making their way up stream and schools of freshies on their way down. The road was in good condition and the tandem with the big platey on board handled it with ease. hope they never bitumen this road and take away the remoteness of this great place. Out wide the weather was a bit rougher than expected but plenty of fish still managed to find their way into the boat. Although the mackerel seem to be a bit quiet, four average sized Macs to 16kg caught on a light baitcaster for kicks where landed. Reefies where fishing well with Trout, Lippa and sweeties aplenty and good size. Even the good old tuskies and moses perch where holding good table size. Throw in a couple of gt's, out of season squire and a few sharks the trip was definately a productive trip. Unfortunatly the weather didn't permit chasing the reds in the deeper water. But when the weather calms and all this crazy weather leaves us i'm sure they'll get workout.

One other thing Von i forgot to mention how well my new Boat went from Morris Marine. Their is no stronger or better riding plate boat around.I recomend him for any one looking for a tough built boat that can handle stanage and its conditions. I saved thousands and still got all the customized extras. Looking forward to seeing you and Tony again Mick Sefton
Attachments
Trout.JPG
Tim with a Average Mac.JPG
Tim lands an average mack
Stu with a pair.JPG
Stu with a pair
Mick withTrout.JPG
Mick with a pair.JPG
Mike with a pair
John with a doozy.JPG
John with a dozey
Big Mac.JPG