Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

ROAD REPORT/UPDATE ON STANAGE BAY

Post by Brad » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:24 pm

ey Rod,
our Stanage Bay Road is now open and the rain is gone, the blue sky is back and the sunshine and good weather and tides for fishing. The jewfish have been on the chewfive minutes from the boatramp. The locals have been having a merry time catching them, but won't weigh them in and give me any pics. The crabs are still crawling in the pots. its really an awesome time to be here. The best highway reports would be through the Rockhampton Police, I was talking to the new owner of Royal Oak Hotel / Motel at Yaamba Qld ( 07 49343190 ) and he keeps a check on the highway in the Yaamba area ( between Rocky and the Stanage Bay turnoff) Dave, said its all open and he doesn't mind answering any queries if you want to give him a call. Its up to everyone to source out the best way to get up here, either the back way via Mackay, its up to you guys, but our road is deffinately open at this stage. I hope you all get here, and the trip is kind to you all.

Subject: Has it stopped raining yet
Hi all
Hoping for good news regarding the rain. As of your email of mon it was still raining . At this stage will be getting in contact with you on sunday arvo to get another update to see if or for how long we may have to delay our departure . According to the racq the bruce highway is cut between childers and gin gin and Stanage bay rd ? we are still hopefull that will go down in the next 4 days, not sure on how long the water stays up around where you are there thou. If you hear any thing ,please drop us a line. Thanks Rod Willis - Ipswich