Ph: 07 4937 3145
stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com
http://www.stanagebay.com
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 23 Apr 11

Post by Brad » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:25 am

Howdy from Stanage Bay
The weather over the easter break was just awesome, first time at easter for years. The township was overflowing with campers and holiday makers. There was only two ugly incidents which was settled with a few truth words. well done guys. There was about 200 entries in the fishing competition and with the mixture of prizes kept most happy. There was the usual crab tying and crab auction on the day. The night before the comp began, the Local Pub held the fundraising auction with the main donations coming from Jeff from Owens Rewinds in Gympie. Thankyou very, very much Jeff. The rescue chopper, flying doctor, the local coastguard and local rural fire brigade as well as all of us locals are very grateful for your help and donations.

Prizes for the competition were gratefully accepted and our kind thanks to all businesses and locals who were involved in making the whole of the easter weekend a happy, profitable and memorable time for the whole township and visitors. The rescue chopper and ambulance had its usual call in over easter, this year it was because a little girl camping with her folk at Stanage Bay Beach was swimming and unfortunately was stung via a stinger this is very unique for Stanage as stingers dont usually frequent our coastline, only on a certain wind, which I believe to be n/e. ( thats what the ol timers told me when i first came here in the early '80's) Special Thankyou to Maree from the Plumtree Store for once again organising and working within the fishing Comp.

Fishing: With the cool change and the west in the wind, we should have a good show of Mackerel and Salmon and King. Crabs; There is still plenty to be caught, just remember to use the correct bait and
set your pots on the mud in the gutters. The Road: its open and in good condition.

lovemefishen

Re: Weekly Report 23 Apr 11

Post by lovemefishen » Tue May 03, 2011 8:08 pm

Hay Krusty my name is Basil new to the site and I come from Gunnedah NSW, and am planing a trip to Stanage next year would just like to know when would be the best time for a Barra and a few Muddies.And some off sure fishing.

lovemefishen

Post by lovemefishen » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:55 pm

Thanks Krusty, Have already booked the shed for April 2012 me and a few mates, I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas can't wait!

kfk

Post by kfk » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Thanks Von,

Looking forward to catching up next week! hope the weather holds.

Kerryn