Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 12 Apr 12

Post by Brad » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:29 am

Howdy all from Stanage Bay, Thirsty Sound and The islands,
Well what an easter we have had up here. The smaller boats hit the town. Whilst I didnt do much in sales in my BAIT N TACKLE N STORAGE SHOP, the information I gave everyone on how to where to go ect was full on. The weather was just perfect for Barra and Salmon, Fingermark and Grunter AND Mud Crabs. The boats were lines up from the ramp to my shop for parking and Im happy to say not many cases of silliness - like sitting on the ramp holding up others trying to get in or out of the water, so i guess all the education on our beautiful area is paying off. I didnt even get to have a fish or crab this easter, but thats ok I live here I can go anytime.

I am waiting for some pics to come in to share with you of all the fish and crabs caught up the sound / estuary. I just hope the guys dont forget to email them to me. Perhaps you will find some on facebook to keep you happy until mine turn up. The road has travelled well with no complaints, mostly people saying leave it as it is and that they would even sign a petition asking the council to leave it and the boat ramp as they are to protect the area longer. There are a couple of rogue pro's in the area at present, that are living by the old school way of pro fishing, sorry everyone, its not the local pro's being naughty, we are educated and have too much to loose - respect being number one thats what we have worked so hard at getting over the decades - material property - it can cost over a million dollars to set up here for professional fishing / crabbing - We too like to recreational fish with our friends and family, so we look after our fishing and crabbing area for the future generations to enjoy.
Until next week
take time to go fishing
Cheers , Von Ireland