Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 18 Jun 13

Post by Brad » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:17 am

Blank Howdy all from Stanage
The Road is not too bad, even good according to some who have travelled it yesterday and ask another group and they say its really bad. I guess it all boils down to expectations and the amount if unsealed roads they have ever travelled along with what they are towing and speed. Its all variable and can change over night pending on rain on the road and traffic.

The Estuary has been fishing well in some boats and other boats are pulling in nothing....reality is they should be hauling in flat, blue and king salmon, all which are good eating. Huge Bream, Cod, Fingermark, Grunter and Blue Parrot should also being landed. The muddies are still potting well in the mouths of the creeks.

The Islands and Reef have been firing when the wind permits with good catches of mackerel and snapper, and yes I have seen them. the pics will follow when i get a chance. Alls good at Stanage, so pack your clothes and boat and get up here.

DONT BRING YOUR BAIT, ICE OR FUEL and join the coastguard before you hit the water, $66 = 1 year = 1 free 25knt mle tow as a social supporting member. By doing this you will keep 3 local small businesses here and the local volunteer coastguard here to help you now and in the future.
Cheers Until next time
Von Ireland (Stanage Bay Marine & Accommodation 49373145)