Weekly Report 20 Feb 14

Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 20 Feb 14

Post by Brad » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:34 am

BlankHowdy all fishers from Stanage Bay, Shoalater Bay, The Surrounding Islands and The Swains,
Hope you are all well and still fishing n crabbing; As per usual in January and February its a little slow up here with the two legged hairy variety growing tails between their legs in cancelling their fishing / crabbing trips to Stanage....never mind their loss, however there is not much to report in on.

The Road: Tony and I did a trip into Rocky yesterday and the road was fine, just a few pot holes, not much corrigation with all the creeks well under the causeways and bridges. One property told me he got 3 inches of rain yesterday, we must have just missed it.

The Estuary: The Muddies have been good in some areas however in other creeks poor, as per usual I still believe its the bait, pots and how they set their pots. A couple of the campers said their pots were run, they had cat food in cans for bait and they were crunched, this happened at nite in crab creek ??? no crabs ??? up stream, the lads have been very happy with catches of 8 nice muddies out of 4 pots, so husband and wife was very happy. Small fingermark have been getting pulled in and thrown back, so somewhere their mums and dads are there. The barra have been a little illusive with only three big ones being pulled in....the couple of days before that the same boat pulled in 8.

Thd Reef and Islands: My good friend n mate, Sammy and his mate only had a day down from Mackay, he had never been out fishing here prior the other day in his boat, however was very happy with the sweeties, parrot and trevally he pulled in. He spent a bit of time trying for the big 100lb Spanno all the locals try for, without luck, so Sam stick to the game plan next time mate. The day was perfect conditions.....too calm i always say is never really good up here, we always do better with a bit of chop in the water. Maybe we might head out to the Hexhams or Island Head Heaven on Thursday or Friday...pending on if i can con skip Tony.

Until next time, take the time to smell the fish
Cheers Von
Attachments
IMG_20130804_154556.jpg
nov 2013 063.jpg
nov 2013 030.jpg
nov 2013 036.jpg
nov 2013 041.jpg
nov 2013 037.jpg
nov 2013 064.jpg
nov 2013 067.jpg
nov 2013 069.jpg