Ph: 07 4937 3145
stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com
http://www.stanagebay.com
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 24/06/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:53 pm

STANAGE BAY
Howdy to all fishers and the Boating Community from Stanage Bay and Surrounding Islands.

The weather has changed for the best and the fish are on the chew big time, and the muddies are still potting. As soon as the west got into the wind, along came flat salmon, blue salmon and king salmon in the estuary. On the tips of the islands the snapper came alive, and the school, grey and Spanish mackerel couldn't wait to attack whatever moved in and on the water, around the islands and in the middle of nowhere...wow. To put it simply, it was awesome. Thanks to the fellas who still love to weigh in part of their catch and have their pic taken. I do believe I will have to create lucky dips for the weigh in crews.

Sharks have been a nuisance on some reef trips, but anglers are still boating red emperor, trout, small and large mouth nanmygai, cod, jewfish, stripies, parrot and sweetlip. Well done fellas.

Road news

As of last week the Stanage side of the army turn off had quite a few deep pot holes, so please slow down so you don't break a spring, or your neck! I do sell all trailer gear, springs included, but no spare body parts.

Estuary
The muddies are still potting although they did have a break when that low was offshore. It seems to be a pattern forming there – the estuary fish go to ground also and will not bite either baits or lures. A mate of mine believes it's all 'pot luck" if you catch a muddy or not, but evidence from diaries indicates otherwise. You won't catch a legal qld muddy when he's in the hole breeding, shedding his shell, when there is a low pressure system close, if the bait is incorrect for that area, if you have poor pots for the area and size of muddies, if you are following another good mud crabber with good pots, good bait, good sets (meaning he feels the pot when it hits the bottom). If you want any tips or clarification, come and see me in the Stanage Bay tackle shop in the boat yard - Stanage Bay Marine & Accommodation.

The fishing around the Reef and Islands has ranged from good to extremely good. Scroll down to check out some recent photos from the mad-keen Inch boys.

The Boat Ramp: please get on and off it promptly. It's tidal, and when you don't dawdle it keeps the peace with the next guy you may not even see coming. The Boat Ramp Parking has been marked with white paint for your ease by the local painter Chris and local volunteer coastguard member Barry.

The Refuse Tip and Dump: Stanage has 3 dumps all branching off the general Refuse Tip dirt road. A Steel Recycle dump, A Fish and Green waste dump and General dump. Please throw all your general rubbish into the 24 hour 7 day Free Refuse Pit. If possible bring ally cans for your beers as the local coastguard recycle the cans. There are collection bags at each rental and most houses, including one on the way to the boat ramp and one at the general dump.

Two recent visitors to the area got up close and personal with one of our mud flats from 9.30am until 7pm; could have been longer if the tides were different. They got back safely, by rowing and the tides until their mates went looking for them and found them. The pair had no flares and no radio! Don't risk a mishap like that -- if you arrive here without a VHF radio don't worry, I supply 5W handhelds which are great, along with all other safety gear.

If you are not a free tow member in the Local Coastguard up here consider joining while here or ring me for info.

Support all three little businesses that are here by buying locally. The more you support us, the more we can support you and the cheaper we can supply the goodies you need!

Until next time, Tight Lines and Bent Rods

Von

Von Ann Ireland
stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com
http://www.stanagebay.com
Attachments
image4.jpg
image3.jpg
image2.jpg
image1.jpg

Nicole Penfold
Admin

Re: Weekly Report 24/06/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:02 pm

More weigh-ins...
Attachments
may 002.jpg
june weigh ins 009.jpg
june weigh ins 008.jpg
june weigh ins 007.jpg
june weigh ins 006.jpg
june weigh ins 005.jpg
june weigh ins 004.jpg
june weigh ins 003.jpg
june weigh ins 002.jpg

Nicole Penfold
Admin

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:16 pm

More Stanage pics, this time from Brett Sellars.
STANAGE 2014 (71).jpg
STANAGE 2014 (65).jpg
STANAGE 2014 (57).jpg
STANAGE 2014 (46).jpg
STANAGE 2014 (3).jpg
STANAGE 2014 (14).jpg

Nicole Penfold
Admin

Post by Nicole Penfold » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:58 pm

Brian Wells and his nice Red Emperor.
red.png