Von Ann Ireland
Ph: 07 4937 3145
stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com
http://www.stanagebay.com
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 09/09/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:23 pm

Howdy all from Stanage Bay and the surrounding Islands!

The Road: The council guys have the road well and truly above average. They have been retopping it all with a good roadbase that should last longer than the previous base used.

The Estuary: There have been nice catches of Salmon in the bays and on the south western side of long island. Bream have been in the creeks on the mainland in good sizes and quantities for the boats fishing with the bigger gear. In the holes and headlands the jewfish have come on the bite, a month earlier than the usual time of october. Check out the pic of the little Jewfish Queen Judy, well done mate.

The Reef: Once again has turned it on for some boats but just refused to bite in other areas. Over the past three weeks I have seen bag limits filled with smiles all round and then a couple of days after – nothing at all! Good shows on the sounders, even fish hitting lines, just not taking a bait. Just when we think we have it all sussed -- tides, areas, depths, bait, lows n highs, weather patterns... it all changes. That's Stanage for you, and that's why I live, work and play here! For a fisher it never gets boring and is always a constant challenge.

Be quick if you are trippin to Stanage next year (2015) and want to book accommodation as the good spots are going fast. Ring me on 4937 3145 or shoot me an email at stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com;

Til next time, take time to go fishing and keep those rods bent. Cheers with or without beers

Von Ireland
Ph: 07 4937 3145
stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com
www.stanagebay.com
jew fish queen Judy 006.jpg
Jewfish queen Judy.

subeditor
Admin

Re: Report 09/09/14

Post by subeditor » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:39 pm

There's been some solid crabs showing up in anglers' pots!
Attachments
StanageCrabs111214.jpg