Von Ann Ireland
Ph: 07 4937 3145
stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com
http://www.stanagebay.com
subeditor
Admin

Report 15/1/15

Post by subeditor » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:12 pm

Yo! to all the fishers and adventurers visiting Stanage and the surrounding waterways,

The Stanage Road is good at the moment with a few pot holes and corrigation prevalent between couti outi and hollins bay cattle properties.

The Estuary: Thirsty Sound and Broadsound have been producing good muddies of all sizes, remember the rules...no take females or undersize males. The Jewfish have been extrememly awesome and are still being pulled in. Out of season King Salmon are still being found. Mangrove Jack are in the creeks, not in prolific amounts, however they are still around. Whiting are also being pulled in off the sandy mouths of the creeks and beaches.

The Reef and Islands are fishing well from The Percy Isles for the huge Red Emperor, Howard point being a popular haunt. A popular spot is to pull up camp for up to a week or two, make sure you get the appropriate permission to camp on any of the islands out from Stanage. Some islands are privately owned, some leased and some are national and marine parks. Base yourself out of Stanage, there are around 25 holiday rentals, so save on fuel and camp out periodically on your trip...a real adventure trip. ( if you do decide to do that, make sure you byo camping gear including towels, bedding,kitchen gear ) I have included some of the only pics given to me for a long time, so thankyou Brian from Mayfairs Fish n Chippery in Emerald, Qld and all your crew...including your little apprentice fishermen kids...Howard and Henry.
If you need anymore info on anything about Stanage, give me, Von a ring and I will try to help you make your trip both enjoyable and memorable....so you will not want to go back to the real world.

Cheers with or without beers

Stanage Bay Marine & Accommodation
incorporating..BAIT, ICE, TACKLE,TRAILER, BOATING AND CAMPING GEAR
(all at city prices...why not make me your first stop to shop)

Von Anne Ireland
07 49373145
http://www.stanagebaymarine.com
http://www.justfishingstanagebay.com;
Attachments
Wellsy Iphone 010 (2).jpg
Young Howard and Henry got to play with some crocodilions at a farm near Rockhampton recently!
Wellsy Iphone 008 (2).jpg
Wellsy Iphone 007 (2).jpg
Wellsy Iphone 006 (2).jpg
Wellsy Iphone 005 (2).jpg
Wellsy Iphone 004 (2).jpg
Wellsy Iphone 003 (2).jpg
Wellsy Iphone 002 (2).jpg
Wellsy Iphone 001 (2).jpg

subeditor
Admin

Re: Report 15/1/15

Post by subeditor » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:13 pm

***Please do not reply to this fishing report, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. If you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***