Report 19/2/15

Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
subeditor
Admin

Report 19/2/15

Post by subeditor » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:17 am

What wonderful weather we have had, with nice small showers of rain followed by sunshine, we have had a real mixture this last week. A couple good calm days, and then lookout here comes the wind, and I can only guess its because of this mix, The fishers and crabbers have been laying low...come to think of it, at this time every year they lay low and dont seem to travel up this way. (chickens) righto, all fun aside. For the fellows that did take the effort to travel to Stanage the did catch some good monster full muddies ( it should be illlegal to sell or for fishmongers n seafood retail, wholesalers to buy n sell "B grade half empty crabs or C grade empty crabs". its like going to woolies paying for food and shopping bag...get home and all you have is the bag..no food . b grade also means wingers or one claw crabs or have a leg or two missing, they may not be empty as such...however just not perfect to the eye. there is plenty of info on how to know when a crab is full of meat so tune in and take notice.
One Crew who only just left today after a week of fishing and crabbing, gave me the following info, so thanks guys. Pete, Rob, Bluey, Dougie and the rest of the lads.
The Road to them was good, they travel it twice a year but good, to those charactors, good could mean, 150mm of water over Waddlah Creek, a few pot holes, a bit of corrigation here n there and lots of mud covering the vehicle and boats....the bragging rights " I conquered Stanage Bay", and yes they did. With a nice lot of full monster muddies, legal barra (caught on a line not in a net), cod, bream, coral trout and gt's. They were as happy as a pig, if he could fly, or is that, in mud.
The fellas didnt leave me any pics but I do believe them when they said, thanks for everything, as per usual you are the perfect host and we will email some pics for you. I have to believe all, that dont I, especially, the perfect bit. Ok, the fellas only had boats on the smaller side, so it was mostly in the estuary they adventured. They trolled, flicked lures also used dead and live bait. When they first got to town, as per usual, they popped in for their weeks order for the bait which is fresh enought to eat, pillys, squid, prawns, mullet and roo and ice....the ice had to be topped up pretty much on a daily basis. See you Pete n crew, in July if you can talk your boss into giving you time off.
Remember, if you dare to dream of coming to Stanage better still if you beat our dare and do come to Stanage, make Stanage Bay Marine & Accommodation, in the back of the boat yard, your first port of call or drop anchor in at one of my rentals, Pacific Villa or Pacific Oasis.

Until next time, have a brouse in the archives on stanage bay in the fishing reports or http://www.justfishingstanage.com; or add to
stanagebaymarine&accommdation facebook , its only suppossed to be a site for rec.fishers n crabbers who love stanage...so nothing nasty ok fellas n girls.

Cheers with and without beers,
Von Anne Ireland.

Von Anne Ireland
07 49373145
http://www.stanagebaymarine.com
http://www.justfishingstanagebay.com;
Attachments
StanageQueen19215.jpg
StanageBarra19215.jpg

subeditor
Admin

Re: Report 19/2/15

Post by subeditor » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:18 am

***Please do not reply to this fishing report, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. If you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***