Von Ann Ireland
Ph: 07 4937 3145
stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com
http://www.stanagebay.com
subeditor
Admin

Report 13/3/15

Post by subeditor » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:55 pm

The Road is pretty rough, pretty drive but rough road, so settle down and enjoy the scenery. Load your camera, your esky with live bait and keep your barra rod, reel and lures within easy reach. The creeks are lapping the road, some just over the road, so bring on the rain to make them flow abundantly with barra.
The Estuary is ticking nicely with muddies, although the bucks seem to be hiding at present, its a challenge to draw them out of their holes and into your pots... it can be done with the best bait, best pots and good rainfall at low tide to flush them from the holes. The jennies are out and about, but you should leave them alone and refrain from stripping their claws. The games up, no right-minded crabber of today would even give it a thought. No claws, they can't get food, they die... no crabs. If you can't catch a legal muddy, buy one, it's generally cheaper for some rec crabbers. If you approach any of the pros up here, nicely, generally they will be only too happy to give you a wingy crab (one claw)
The Reef, Shoalwater, Island Head Creek and Beautiful Islands are still there and so too are the reef fish of all shapes and sizes, that is until this weather drops off. Pull out plan b or c and go up the Thirsty Sound, our estuary. The barra, fingermark, mangrove jack and grunter live there, you just have to put in the time to dare to catch one or two.
Until you can get out fishing again, do your local fish and chippery or fish monger a favour along with the local professional and get your family some fresh local fish and chips for tea. My niece always takes my mum to the beach once a month and and they buy local fish and chips. The kids simply love it with their nan. My family members can't and don't fish, and I live too far away to get good fresh Qld fish to them, so they rely on local pro fishermen to supply them with some nice fresh fish. We ozies should not have to have imported crap from the fish and chippery or fish mongers. Think about it and ease off on the Pros. Remember, I still hold a license and my partner is a true professional fisherman, not commercial. Most pros up here basically farm the area to remain sustainable for the future generations. Commercial in my opinion, are mainly there for the money these days. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my thoughts.

Von Anne Ireland
07 49373145
http://www.stanagebaymarine.com
http://www.justfishingstanagebay.com;
Attachments
StanageGT13315.JPG
StanageFishin13315.JPG
StanageCrabs13315.jpg

subeditor
Admin

Re: Report 13/3/15

Post by subeditor » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:55 pm

***Please do not reply to this fishing report, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. If you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***