Von Ann Ireland
Ph: 07 4937 3145
stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com
http://www.stanagebay.com
subeditor
Admin

Report 7/5/15

Post by subeditor » Thu May 07, 2015 2:28 pm

Let me start with the Stanage Road, thReport 7/5/15e usual is happening to it for this time of year. Large pot holes in places you least expect them and a series of corrugation, or as some would rather call it corduroy. So long as you drive to the conditions and slow down you will not have a problem, unlike a few lead feet since the last report. A couple of the cattle properties are down a few beasts and the fishermen have damages to their vehicles. The cattle had to be shot by the owners and vehicles towed, please slow down and remember to stow your rubbish until you find legal dump bin, rather than throw unwanted items beside the road. Please help us all help you by keeping the road to Stanage free from rubbish, stop giving fishermen a bad name.
Fishing in the estuary, Thirsty Sound has been very fruitful for the fellas who have been putting in the hours and taking notice when and on what part of the tide they are catching, not waiting. It takes a special fisherman to work out how to fish and crab at Stanage, in the estuary, the beaches, rocks, islands and reef. With the cold snap in the weather along came the bream, salmon and grunter. The mud crabs have been big, full and plentiful for the crabbers who know what they are doing… the right set, good pots, fresh bait and patience.
On the downside, a camper was seen with another rec. crabbers pot in his boat and a local boat carrying two males were seen running recreational crab pots on the southern end of long island. Onya guys… hope you get what is coming to you. Karma catches everyone naughty in the end.
The reef and islands, have been fishing well for an assortment of both Spaniard Mackerel and mixed reef fish. The sharks have been abundant as per usual . Whoever thinks sharks are extinct, best they visit and fish the islands and reef out from Stanage. So many tales have been coming over the counter about bringing to the boat side, big red emperor heads, grassy sweetlip heads and even coral trout heads, apparently only the best will do the grey suits. The nannygai have been hiding whilst it seems like most who when outside fishing in the past week in the silky clean pristine waters had good catches of tasty legal fish. Smiles on most dials, it was a pleasure serving in the shop this week. Although I was a little jealous... not good to watch others enjoy boating when I’m working.
Reports came in from fishermen from Sail to Percy Isles to High Peak, sounds like any canoe could have had a good time out their this past week.
Keep sending me the pics to share and info, simply email stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com, please do not send queries via Facebook to me as I do not monitor it, by all means use it as a weapon to brag or ask others for comments, however, if you would like a reply from me send it directly to stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com; or ring me 4937 3145.
Until next time keep those lines wet and take time to smell the fish.

Von Anne Ireland
07 49373145
http://www.stanagebaymarine.com
http://www.justfishingstanagebay.com;

subeditor
Admin

Re: Report 7/5/15

Post by subeditor » Thu May 07, 2015 2:28 pm

***Please do not reply to this fishing report, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. If you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***