Ph: 07 4937 3145
stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com
http://www.stanagebay.com
Brad
Reporter

Report Fri 5th May 06

Post by Brad » Sat May 06, 2006 8:16 am

5/5/06
Howdy to all from Stanage Bay, The Duke, Percy and surrounding islands, Shoalwater Bay and the Swain Reef

Well what fantastic weather we have had. The fish have been on the chew, with many happy anglers. Some disappointments were had with the crabbing. Between the crabs being in their holes shedding their shells and the cold snap of westerly wind, they were scarce in the pots. The small tides proved the deep holes and channel sets were the best for the full muddy still lingering for a feed.

John, Rob and Pete, all from Brisbane, have been having a merry time, pulling in red jew, grunter, sweetlip and cod from the Percy’s. Snow, Relly and Gav struggled for the most part of the day, however came up trumps with their bag limits.

Croc and Hooray had fun on the jew hole, with silver jew and cod being their main catch. Mary, Pete and Tony (Darcy) pulled in beautiful catches of grunter. Tony and I had a nice day out near Shoalwater and ended up with a mixed bag of reefies and the ever abundant cod. Thanks Jan, Frank and Carmel for keeping the tackle shop open for us.

I haven’t heard anything really bad about the road, except a couple of trailers didn’t have enough maintenance done on them before braving our dirt, so ended up with a couple of problems. Remember the tyre and bearing check fellas before you leave home.

Just a little note from my observation. - Some fellas come up here specifically to fill their ice boxes and freezers and not to have fun. Sometimes fellas you should visit our beautiful area for the fun you can have - the relaxing stress free holiday, the fantastic scenery - the islands and beaches. Remember when you were a kid - had a fish, a crab and a swim and play in the sand. It’s about time we all did that again. Life is so short, so stop turning your holidays into working holidays and enjoy the area not only for the fish and crabs, okay.

Well everyone til next time I will leave the photos do the rest of the talking.

Remember us for your next holiday and if you ever need any info, just give us a tingle or send an email.

Cheers for now and keep those rods wet.

Tony & Von

Von-ann Ireland

E-mail: stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com
Web Site: www.stanagebay.com
Fax/phone – 07 49 373 145
Attachments
John mud crab.jpg
John red.jpg
John.jpg
Matthew.jpg
Mixed bag.jpg