stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com
http://www.stanagebay.com
Brad
Reporter

Report Mon 19th June 06

Post by Brad » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:06 am

10/6/06
Howdy from Stanage Bay, Shoal Water Bay and surrounding islands,
Well first of all a big sorry for the lack of reports. A lot has happened since the last report. Von was told she had bone cancer and to go home to die, by a doctor in Mackay. Further tests in Brisbane showed no cancer and a crook back. I think fish are easier to understand than some doctors! A lot of unnecessary worry caused by this doctor. So we are very happy with the good news anyway.

On the fishing side, the wind has come and never left. Before the wind started, fishing was great. Pap, Jason, Shane and Keith from the villa had some top catches of mixed reef fish from Hexham Island and a great day mixing it with our friendly cobia. They also had some very nice trout in the box. I don't think we spoke to anybody who came back from the reef that wasn't happy with their catch. The big Spaniards have showed as well, so hang on. Unfortunately the wind arrived and shut offshore fishing down.

In the sound there has been a few salmon and some very nice crabs caught. There has also been some top quality bream, flathead and grunter caught. That's the great thing about Stanage Bay - you can always have a day out of the wind up the sound.

One point I would like to get off my chest this week is, I've noticed a couple of crews visit the bay and due to weather were unable to get their fill of reef fish so they pack up and head home. Yes, it's great to get the weather on your side and get an esky full but there is more to a holiday then filling an ice box. Good weather should be a bonus. Sitting down the beach around a fire catching a fish or two can be very relaxing and just what the body needs.

The road in is not too bad - just the odd pot hole and a bit of wildlife.
If you require holiday renting please give us a call.

Until next time, yours in fishing and crabbing,

Tony & Von

Von-ann Ireland

E-mail: stanagebaymarine@bigpond.com
Web Site: www.stanagebay.com
Fax/phone – 07 49 373 145
Attachments
Bream.jpg
Dave.jpg
Jew.jpg
John.jpg
Rachel 1.jpg
Rachel 2.jpg
Tony.jpg

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:04 pm

thats a wilderbeast holdin' them crabs, you beenin the mangroves for way too long!!!!!!!!