Ph. 07 4725 1266
danny@tackleworldtownsville.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Report Thur 16th Nov 06

Post by Brad » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:14 am

16/11/06
LAND BASED
Lucinda jetty has been producing some great action with the tarpon, trevally and queenfish really taking a liking to soft plastics, jigs and small poppers at the moment.

INSHORE
There are still plenty of mangrove jacks getting caught on lures and mullet slabs in most of the creeks and rivers, with some very good fish coming from the Haughton, Crocodile and Burdekin rivers.

OFFSHORE & BAY
Salamander Reef is still producing some great Spanish mackerel on slowly trolled wolf herring and hair tail. There are reports of fingermark around 80cm being caught around the back of Magnetic Island on live squid.

Grey mackerel are everywhere in Halifax Bay at the moment, with large concentrations off Balgal Beach. These fish are one where the rule, “match the hatch” is vital. To catch them you must try and find out the size of the bait they are feeding on and use metal slices of similar size and action.

Slashers Reef is still producing good trout and more recently some very big mangrove jacks.

SUGGESTED SPOTS THIS WEEKEND
With the weather forecast looking a little on the ordinary side I would focus on the mouths of the bigger systems like Haughton, Morresies and the Burdekin this weekend. If you don’t mind fishing at night try fishing the sand flat drop-offs for fingermark - YES I said fingermark. You would be surprised just how many fingermark have flounder in their stomachs. Flounder and sand go hand in hand, which suggests that fingermark spend quite a lot of time feeding over these areas. I have had some of my best fingermark sessions on dark nights fishing these sand flat drop-offs.

Play Safe

Danny Brooks
Danny & Rosalie Brooks
Tackle World
tworldtsv@beyond.net.au Ph. 0747251266