Tackle World Domain Central
Ph. 07 4725 1266
danny@tackleworldtownsville.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Report Thur 29 Mar 07

Post by Brad » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:31 am

LAND BASED
At the risk of starting to sound like a broken record there are is still a few Barramundi getting caught in and around the weirs of Ross River, with Aplin’s weir still producing the odd barra or mangrove jack.

INSHORE
There has been some nice barra and mangrove jacks caught in a number of creeks recently with crocodile, Haughton and Morresies producing fish particularly around the change in tide.

The prawns seem to of disappears from most of the creeks however I have had some reports of good prawn at the Haughton. It shouldn’t be long before we get the big banana prawns schooling up in the deeper wholes.
Reports indicate that there are a few Mud crabs around with this weekend and next week probably the time to go if you want a feed for Easter. I can just imagine how many crab pots will be in the creeks over the Easter break so I would suggest get in first.

The Elliot River, Phillips’s landing and Plantation (Burdekin area) have been producing some good quality flathead recently with live mud herring and lures working well.

OFFSHORE & BAY
Earlier in the week there was a couple of good Spanish mackerel caught around the Morinda shoal area on trolled garfish. One tipped the scales at 25kg and the other 18kg.

Apart from that the reports offshore have been a little scarce.

SUGGESTED SPOTS THIS WEEKEND
The tides look good for almost any form of fishing so if there is a species of fish you like to chase or you just like to through the line in take what ever comes along then go for it.

Play Safe
Attachments
Danny Barra 24Mar07.jpg
This barra was caught on a Richo's Lure - one of the best on the market.