Lynton 'Heff' Heffer
Ph: 07 4098 5354
info@fishingportdouglas.com.au
www.fishingportdouglas.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 6 Jul 12

Post by Brad » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:51 pm

Unfortunately this week I don't have much except for doom and gloom. 30 knots winds have pounded our coastline for 9 days solid and there appears to be no end in sight in the near future. The only activity on offer is up the rivers and creeks where the action has been spasmodic.

Reef: no reports

River: plenty of plump fat bream amongst any structure and there's small trevally and queenfish working on the incoming tides. A few golden trevally are being caught across the shallow flats with the odd blue salmon. Fishing has been tougher for mangrove jack, fingermark and barra.

adamh88

Re: Weekly Report 6 Jul 12

Post by adamh88 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:33 am

Hey Brad, myself and 5 other mates are coming to port douglas in october 12 for 8 nights. were towing a 6.3 haines and a 4.5 seajay tinny up hopfully to do some reef and creek fishing. i was hoping for some pointers of where to start or some basaic gps marks for some reefs. Also what type of fish are on the move at that type of month. hopfully in the 8 days up there we will get some good nannygai, reds and barra. any information would be handy
cheers
adam