Julie/Graeme,
Anglers Warehouse Tweed Heads
Ph: 07 5536 3822
www.anglerswarehouse.com.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Weekly Report 10/01/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:06 pm

There have been a few spotted mackerel at Palm Beach of late.

Estuary wise, anglers are catching reasonable flathead, and there are some quality mangrove jacks in the river. Good whiting are being caught as well, and there are mud crabs about also.

The beaches have been fairly quiet of late. There have been some dart caught at South Kingscliff and some whiting there also.

There is good bass fishing in the upper reaches of the Tweed, and these fish are going great guns in Clarrie Hall as well.

Graeme and Julie Poile, Anglers Warehouse
141 Wharf St, Tweed Heads, 07 5536 3822
http://www.anglerswarehouse.com.au

Deanr

Re: Weekly Report 10/01/14

Post by Deanr » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi Guys, Sorry but not sure if I am writing in the correct area as this is my first time to post something. Anyway, here goes... I live on the Tweed Coast and have just purchased a new boat for heading out through the Tweed Bar. I have now been out two times and both times we had to turn back due to very rough seas. The first time, there was a NE swell and NE winds, the second time was SE swell and SE winds but the sea was the same both times. Not yet understanding when there are rough seas and when there are clam seas, I am looking for someone whom can educate me on what to look for so I know if it will be rough or calm before I head out. I hav searched the internet for this answer but cannot find any information.

If t is rough of Tweed, is there anywhere else you can suggest we could go where it would be calmer (other than the river)?

Second question is: where is the best places to catch slimy's and Yakka around tweed? Again, I have searched but to no avail.

Hope someone can advise a newbie to ocean fishing by boat

Thanks
Kind Regards
Dean

Nicole Penfold
Admin

Re: Weekly Report 10/01/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Hello Dean, welcome to the forums. The best place to post your question would be here, on our General Fishing discussion board:
http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/bb3/vi ... 2962eee558

I hope you get some useful answers to your questions and have better luck on your next trip.

Cheers!

Nicole