Brett Hyde
Ballina Bait & Tackle,
Ballina West Shopping Centre
Ph: 02 6686 2527
Tony Zann
Reporter

Weekly Report 10/5/13

Post by Tony Zann » Fri May 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Squidgy at Ballina Bait and Tackle says there are still good bream in the river and a few bluenoses coming in from outside. Salted white pillies, blue pillies and herring fillets are the top baits. School jew are hanging around the mullet. Also some school jew, flathead and bream around the Wardell bridge on soft plastics and live herring. Down around Pimlico for bream and flathead with some new snags on the sandbars. Blackfish around the breakwalls on cabbage or weed if you can get some.
Tailor showing up around Flat Rock but the sea should . Bream in the gutters on Main Beach.
Outside fishing has been a no-go because of the bar but there were mackerel earlier in the week.
I don’t have much of an idea what’s been happening at Evans because I’ve been away all week but there were still plenty of fishos on every Airforce Beach hole and gutter on Friday morning. Beachworms have been successful on whiting and bream and there have also been a few flathead coming in. I couldn’t see many mullet in the shore break, for a change. Swell about 1.6m and a stiff southerly breeze around 12-20 knots.
Doubtless there are some bream in the river, with best daytime results when the water is discoloured around low tide.
Brett Hyde, Ballina Bait and Tackle, Ballina West Shopping Centre, 02 6686 2527