Brett Hyde
Ballina Bait & Tackle,
Ballina West Shopping Centre
Ph: 02 6686 2527
Tony Zann
Reporter

7/4/06 Weekly Report

Post by Tony Zann » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:59 am

Bruce at Dave’s Bait Shop says whiting are still doing quite well around North Creek, the Town Reach and up around Pimlico Island, even on the smaller tides this week. Flatties are still hanging around with live bait going well on the bigger fish up around Pimlico and soft plastics working well in the Town Reach and along the walls. Still masses of mud crabs around. Bruce says there are a lot of little bream through the river but there are better fish around the walls and along the beaches. A few decent schools of tailor moving through around the beaches and headlands with fish a little better than chopper class. The odd school jew has also been showing on the beaches.
At last some Spanish mackerel have been taken off Riordans Reef and Lennox Point. Good snapper and pearl perch on the 32- and 38-fathom marks.
I’ve been in Brisbane producing the May NSWFM so I really must confess I have absolutely no idea what’s been happening at Evans and I was too busy to even check the boat ramps earlier in the week.
Tony Zann t.zann@fishingmonthly.com.au