Fishing Tackle Australia
Ph: 02 6652 4611
sales@motackle.com.au
http://www.motackle.com.au
Tony Zann
Reporter

20/10/05 Weekly Report

Post by Tony Zann » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:36 am

Rough seas and strong winds have curtailed offshore activities but prior to the blow there were good snapper on the deeper reefs. Rock washes are turning up good kings and tailor while the headlands are still fishing well for salmon. Beach gutters closed out during the big seas but were fishing well for – you guessed it – salmon – with a few tailor and the odd bream. Estuaries fishing well for more bloody salmon on the rising tide in the lower reaches. A bit of fresh water should change that this weekend when hopefully things will return to normal. Flathead are on the move and some big bream should also keep life interesting.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:07 pm

I am going to mullaway which is 5mins north of woolgollga in the Christmas holidays and i was wondering if there is any good SPEAR FISHING spots from MULLAWAY down to COFFS..it would be good if someone can help me out....

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:28 am

Swanny, i suggest to you to goto the solitery (not sure on the spelling) islands, if not perhaps muttenbird island if u can.

Make sure you check with the fisheries before you go.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:54 pm

so wat about coffs reef outside boat harbour..does it get many fish aroung there...where is mutten bird island