Fishing Tackle Australia
Ph: 02 6652 4611
sales@motackle.com.au
http://www.motackle.com.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 15/08/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:51 pm

We’ve been burdened with a bit of wind over the past week but there have still been some nice days with good weather. There hasn’t been much rain so there’s still a lot of clarity in the water.

A lot of the mainstay fish like bream and flathead are being caught all throughout the estuary. Blackfish are doing really really well, and are getting caught on mostly cabbage weed and fine bristle weed. Drummer and groper are also being caught on a mix of bread, cunje and crabs.

We’re getting good runs of salmon and tailor, with both species getting caught all up and down the beach. The salmon have been so thick you could almost walk on them! It’s bad news for the baitfish, with hardiheads and whitebait beaching themselves en masse in their attempts to escape. Anglers have been able to collect shopping bags full of whitebait without much trouble.

The mulloway fishing has been good; I got two fish on the weekend (not huge, but legal) with a couple of tailor mixed in. I got my fish on Sébile 165 Koolie Minnows and 7” Gulp Jerkshads in watermelon pearl and white. Paddle tails typically work well too – pretty much any lure that emits a good vibration will draw these fish in for a look.

Out wide the snapper been going off, with fish up to around 14lb. They have spread out after their spawn, and are being caught in water between 20-50m. As soon as we have a big sea they’ll come in closer to find what’s washed up against the rocks, but until then they’ll mostly stick out wide.

Not long now until the bass season opens on September 1… just a couple of weeks to go!

Fishing Tackle Australia
144 Pacific Hwy, Coffs Harbour
02 6652 4611
www.motackle.com.au

Nicole Penfold
Admin

Re: Report 15/08/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:51 pm

***Please do not reply to this fishing report, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. if you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***