Ph: 02 6652 4611
sales@motackle.com.au
http://www.motackle.com.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 17/10/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:01 pm

BEACHES
At the moment we have been blessed with some great weather with very little wind around. The conditions have been great to wet a line. Most beaches are firing at the moment with Bream, Whiting, Tailor and the odd salmon are still around. Incoming tides are great option when chasing a feed from the gutters. Pillies, squid, white baits nippers and crabs are all doing there fair share of damage. On the lure front, most have been throwing metals, softies and mid sized poppers when the surf's swell isn't too rough.

ROCKS
The drummer and Groper are still about, although it has been harder to find the fish. As the waters get warmer they should move into deeper water. Crabs, cooked prawns and bread mixes have been doing well, with berely playing a key role in making it all come together. With time and perseverance I'm sure you will come up trumps with a few fish from most headlands.

The pelagics are coming! Anticipation is getting the better of most with keen anglers trying their luck at a early run. I haven't heard of many stories just yet of line-burning tuna or mackerel from the stones but they should be here within a few weeks. Myself and many other keen anglers will be making camp on the stones for weekends to come. It's looking to be a great summer.

RIVERS
The rivers have been firing well with great reports of whiting and bream on the flats taking most offerings presented well. Flathead have been getting thicker by the day; a friend of mine on a recent trip nailed a few nice flathead with one going 81cm – close to the crocodile status any flathead guru would be stoked with. The racks have firing well been some great reports of bream. Even the odd mulloway has been sighted. However, if you're firing 2-6lb leaders into the oyster-ridden racks you'll need luck to extract good fish.

OUTSIDE
Plenty of rat kings are getting around in close mixed with amberjack, samsonfish and the odd snapper getting involved in most of the washes in close at the moment. They're taking everything from stick baits to slab baits. The reports I've heard over the last week have been great for boaties, with XL kings starting to come on the chew with tuna and mackerel not too far behind them. This is going to be a great year from the reports up north where I have heard of blokes catching 15 mackerel in a weekend from the rocks just a little drive away north. Fingers crossed we have another cracker like last year where at points i could walk on the mackerel they were so thick.

Marlin are starting to show up at the shelf. Let's hope the blacks fire like they did 2 years ago where reports of 3-4 fish a day were classed as the norm.

Until next week tight lines.

Kane Fairchild

MO TACKLE
Ph: (02) 6652 4611
Coffs Harbour
144 Pacific Hwy, NSW 2450
www.motackle.com

Nicole Penfold
Admin

Re: Report 17/10/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:01 pm

***Please do not reply to this fishing report with a question, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. If you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***