Mark & Denise Bird, Paul & Michelle Martin
Rocks Marine Bait & Tackle
Ph: 02 6566 6726
rocksmarine@tsn.cc
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 5/3/19

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:39 am

What a fantastic week we have had, plenty of fisho’s here and good numbers of fish being caught. The Mackerel run continues to be good with better numbers of Spotted Mackerel and some cracker Spanish amongst them off Grassy Head, and running down to the Jail grounds. Also Wahoo are in the best numbers I have seen for a good while with some monsters coming in. Yellow Fin and Long Tail Tuna are about amongst all the action. Cobia are being caught in a number of locations up to 30 kilo. Local Dylan Mitchell ( I hope the spelling is correct ) landed a 26 kilo cobia on a squidgee after running out of bait, good job. Sharks are going to be a problem, they have it all worked out for an easy feed. We have a group of Kayakers here at the moment, they have hooked everything from Mackerel to Marlin, I know they will be back next year.

It is all good news in the river with plenty of Flathead, Bream and Whiting. Off the Break wall there has been the odd Jewfish caught with Shovel nose sharks in numbers as well. Off the Boat Ramp good Flathead and Bream were caught through the week. Fishing the oyster racks around Clybucca has produced Bream and Whiting on surface lures while flathead are lurking around the drop offs and creek entrances.
On the beaches Smoky was your best bet with Whiting Bream and Dart in better numbers than the last few weeks.

Paul Martin
Rocks Marine Bait & Tackle
25 Memorial Ave
South West Rocks NSW
PH: (02) 6566 6726